You can book up to 30 students and 5 adults per class at a time. Please note, if booking for multiple classes, you must register on a separate booking.
Yes, teachers and chaperones are free! We allow a maximum of 8 adults per group of 30 students.
All school groups require adult supervision during their in-person field trip.
- Grades K-6 recommended 1 chaperone per 5 students
- Grades 7-12 recommended 1 chaperone per 10 students
- Teachers and chaperones within the recommended chaperone ratios listed above are admitted free. Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their group and are required to always supervise and stay with students during their visit to Fort Edmonton Park.
Bookings are closed two weeks in advance of the day of the occurrence. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment for the day you desire.
Classes are able to bring packed lunches. There are several outdoor eating spaces available throughout the Park (Gyro Park, 1920s Street, Indigenous Peoples Experience, etc). Please note, they are first come first serve.
Alternatively, there are four options dining options available throughout the Park.
If you need to cancel your program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attend the program if there is illness or suspected illness in your group.
Payment is due upon booking of the program.
Programs run rain or shine, please dress for the weather!
The maximum group amount is 30 students, teachers and adults are additional to this number.
Wear comfortable clothes with layers as it can get chilly any time of year at Fort Edmonton Park. We recommend closed toed shoes as well.
Dress for the weather! Please bring extra layers, a water bottle, snacks and/or lunch (depending on program time) and an excitement to learn and explore!
Please let us know in advance if your group has any students with any of the following:
- Learning disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Medical conditions (including any allergies)
- Behavioural issues
This information will help us in making your program the best it can be for all of your learners.
- We encourage students to raise their hands when wanting to join the discussion.
Stick to the trails, sideways, and pathways. Only cross tracks at designated crossings. Railway lines are private property, and walking on them constitutes trespassing and is not safe. The only safe, legal place to cross a rail line is at a marked grade crossing.
- Running is not permitted.
- The artifacts on display are for viewing only. The interpreter will grant permission if certain artifacts can be touched.
- Please respect boundaries such as ropes, fences and signs to protect sensitive areas and to keep the students safe.
Teachers and other adult guardians are responsible for student discipline.
Bus parking is available for drop-off and pick up only. Please have your bus enter the Fort Edmonton Park parking lot bus loop from the main Fort Edmonton Park Road. Once your school is unloaded, follow the path to the Front Entry Plaza. For chaperones, we recommend carpooling.
Please advise you bus drivers that parking is limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis. If your bus plans on parking at our main lot, please send an email to email@example.com so we can make arrangements.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.