Help Make History: Volunteer at Fort Edmonton Park
Volunteerism is a century old tradition in Edmonton, reaching back to pioneer times when early citizens started school boards, clubs and community leagues. In the late 1960s, Fort Edmonton Park was built by an equally dedicated team of volunteers, a tribute to their intrepid spirit. Today, the Park is brought to life by over 600 volunteers contributing tens of thousands of hours annually.
Our volunteers possess a diverse range of skills and a wide variety of volunteer opportunities exist to connect you to Edmonton’s dynamic history. Whether you enjoy interacting with visitors from all over the world or helping behind the scenes, get involved:
- Bring historic characters to life
- Cultivating heritage gardens
- Share your heritage skills and trades like blacksmithing, sewing, carpentry, automobile maintenance, boat-building, musical performance, baking and more
- Support and enjoy live theatre and vintage cinema at the Capitol Theatre
- Enrich Special Events, including Halloween Spooktacular and Christmas Reflections
Share your talents and love of history by joining our community of volunteers!Volunteers in Action > Volunteer Opportunities > Volunteer FAQ’s Sign Up>
A “Police Information Check” is required for all applicants, and interviews are required for many positions. Due to the large number of applications we receive, applicants may be placed on a wait list.