1. Fort Edmonton Park recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person’s personal information is important. All personal information is managed according to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that:
1. 01 You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected;
1. 02 You have a right of access to your information;
1. 03 You have control over how Fort Edmonton Park obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information;
1. 04 All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
2. Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, please be aware that Fort Edmonton Park automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. Fort Edmonton Park collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
2. 01 The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access Fort Edmonton Park’s web site;
2. 02 The type of browser and operating system used to access Fort Edmonton Park’s site;
2. 03 The date and time you access Fort Edmonton Park’s site;
2. 04 The pages you visit on Fort Edmonton Park’s site; and
2. 05 If you are linked to the Fort Edmonton Park web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
Fort Edmonton Park uses this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. Fort Edmonton Park does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- The Fort Edmonton Park uses electronic “cookies.” A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. A session ID, along with time and date and other information may be placed in the cookie. This information is used to provide the user with an enriched experience while using Fort Edmonton Park’s web site. In order for a cookie to be written to your computer, cookies must be enabled by your browser. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. If you decide to refuse a cookie, you may find that the web site does not behave as designed.
- If you choose to provide Fort Edmonton Park with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submit it to Fort Edmonton Park through our web site, Fort Edmonton Park will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service.
- E-mail messages are subject to the Act. The personal information you share with Fort Edmonton Park is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of Fort Edmonton Park and may be accessed by department heads or their delegates without further consent of the author. All e-mail messages required to be retained by law will be printed and maintained through a records management process.
- Security measures are implemented in order that web services remain available to all users. The Fort Edmonton Park computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.
For More Information Please Contact:
Managing Director, Corporate & Customer Services
Fort Edmonton Park
Cell: (780) 970-0775