Be a part of developing your best field trip! Fort Edmonton Park is building an Educator Advisory Committee to help create the most educational, immersive and fun education programs that a museum can offer. We are seeking 5-7 educators from all fields and subjects to contribute to our current and future field trip experiences. We want to be as relevant as possible in the dynamic field of education, and we believe your contribution is key! As a member of the committee you will:
- Review, evaluate and make recommendations on existing education programs including program topic, student engagement, program delivery and booking process
- Be involved in developing new education programs as they relate to the current and upcoming Alberta Education Curriculum
- Exchange information on current education trends and assist in making connections on how they can relate to education programs for Fort Edmonton Park
- Build stewardship and act as stakeholders for the relationship between museums and the classroom experience
Commitment: The committee meets four times annually (April, August, November, January) with an expected time commitment of approx. 20 hours per year. Meetings will be scheduled according to committee availability – 1 weekday per quarter, after school hours. Refreshments will be provided.
- 1 FREE field trip for your class to provide feedback/pilot new program concepts (transportation not included)
- Professional Development opportunity to enhance your resume and network with other educators.
- Influence and shape the field trips, school programs and educational experiences throughout Fort Edmonton Park, impacting thousands of Edmonton’s youth annually
- All the great perks of volunteering, including annual membership, discounts on merchandise, food services, hotel stays and ticketed events throughout the year at Fort Edmonton Park
- Possess a strong working knowledge of the Alberta Education Curriculum (all divisions)
- Have at least 1 year of classroom (homeschool, non-traditional learning spaces such as museums accepted) instruction experience
- Be willing to collaborate in an inclusive team setting with fellow educators
- Display creativity, innovation and critical development skills