Serving Communities Internship Program (SCiP):
One of Canada’s largest living history sites, Fort Edmonton Park is a picturesque adventure back in time: featuring four historical time periods, over 80 heritage buildings, a 1920s style midway, animals, costumed interpreters, boats, automobiles and our iconic steam train, the park is a photographers dream! With thousands of photos in our collection, the Park has seemingly endless options for images to choose from, but in the absence of a proper system to manage these images, opportunities are missed and team members are left frustratedly searching for “that great image someone took last year”. That’s where you come in! Share your talent for organization, identify and recommend an ideal cataloguing system, along with organizing our beautiful collection of photographs.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Library & Information Studies (Crse)
- Computer Information Technology
- Business Administration
Some specialized skills required:
- Experience working in a public attraction or museum is an asset
- Experience & interest in database management
- Organization and detail oriented
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Creation of an organized database, with directions for future use with appropriate tag recommendations.
- Recommendation of at least three options for database creation, including budget breakdown and a ranking of preference