Have you gotten married at the Park? Visited as a little kid? Celebrated a milestone or simply enjoyed a special day? Tell us your Fort Edmonton Park story in 250 words or less OR send us a picture with a short 50 word description for your chance to win the ultimate Fort Edmonton Park experience.
Fort Edmonton Park will select a winner from all eligible entries. Criteria for winner selection is based on overall relation to the Park, readability, creativity and relevance of the description and/or photo submitted. Winner will be selected between June 1 and June 5, 2015.
The ultimate Fort Edmonton Park experience includes:
- Overnight stay in a Hotel Selkirk suite
- Three course dinner in the Johnson’s Cafe
- Horse-drawn ride throughout the Park
- Historic photo session in Ernest Brown photography studio
1. No purchase necessary. Canadian residents who are over 13 years of age at the time of entry, excluding employees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of Fort Edmonton Park and each of their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies, may enter. “Immediate family” is defined as an individual’s parent(s), legal guardian(s), sibling(s), children or spouse.
How to Enter:
2. “Entrants” can visit the website www.fortedmontonpark.ca between April 29 and June 25, 2015 at 11:59 P.M. to enter. “Entrants” must submit the entry form with their FEP experience in 250 words or less OR a picture and 50 word description. Optimal size of submission entries is 720X405 pixels. All submissions will be reviewed by Fort Edmonton Park judges before appearing on the Contest page. Fort Edmonton Park reserves the right to refuse any submission if it does not meet our judges’ requirements. All photos become the property of Fort Edmonton Park and can be used by Fort Edmonton Park for promotional purposes. Fort Edmonton Park reserves the right to re-size or edit images for quality if needed for the purpose of this Contest. A panel of Fort Edmonton Park judges will choose a winner. Finalists will be chosen on or before June 5, 2015. The winner will receive ultimate Fort Edmonton Park experience prize, valued up to $1000, and be part of a professional photo shoot. Winners must be available during this time period and sign a model release to allow their photos to be used in Fort Edmonton Park advertisements or for other purposes as determined by Fort Edmonton Park. Winners under the age of 18 must have a model release signed by a parent or legal guardian. Fort Edmonton Park reserves the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason. No purchase necessary.Fort Edmonton Park is not responsible for any late, lost, damaged, delayed, incomplete, stolen, illegible or misdirected entries. Fort Edmonton Park reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines for any reason (such as tampering) that the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned or that fraud or any other cause or occurrence has compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest. All decisions made by Fort Edmonton Park with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and binding on all “Entrants”.
3. Total value of the Prize is one thousand dollars ($1,000). Any costs or expenses incurred by the Winner in claiming or using the Prize will be the responsibility of the Winner. The Prize must be accepted as awarded “ no substitutes. The Prize is non-transferrable.
4. Contest closes at 11:59 P.M. on June 5, 2015. Winner will be chosen based on our judges’ criteria by June 5, 2015 and contacted at the e-mail addresses they provided when entering. Failure to make arrangements to claim your Prize by midnight, July 14, 2015 will result in your prize being forfeited. Fort Edmonton Park reserves the sole right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time without any liability to any Entrant.
5. Prior to receiving the Prize, the Winner is required to sign a release form that: (i) confirms compliance with all Contest rules; (ii) accepts the Prize on the terms and conditions as offered; (iii) acknowledges the non-responsibility of Fort Edmonton Park and its respective agents with respect to any injury, loss or misfortune related to the Contest or the Prize; and (iv) acknowledges that Fort Edmonton Park and its agents have an unrestricted right to publish, in their discretion, the Winner’s name, photograph, portrait, likeness, voice and any film rendering or tape recording of the Winner for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest, in any form of publication or display, including, without limitation, newspapers and other print publications, radio and television broadcasts, film releases and interactive media worldwide, without compensation other than the Prize offered. In the event that a minor is declared the Winner, the release form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Should any conflict or dispute arise in connection with the Contest, the decision of Fort Edmonton Park will be final. All entries become the property of Fort Edmonton Park.
Limitation of Liability:
6. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant hereby REMISES AND RELEASES FORT EDMONTON PARK, its respective heirs, successors, employees, officers, directors, contractors, assigns, agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, insurers and promotion and fulfillment agencies, its legal advisors and its owners (each considered “Releasees”) of and from any and all manners of action, causes of action, suits, debts, costs, claims, damages and demands arising out of or in consequence to any loss, injury or damage to the Entrant’s person or property, including death, damage or injury incurred or suffered by the Entrant while creating the Entry, participating in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing of the Prize or possessing the Prize, notwithstanding that any such loss, personal injury, death, property damage or claim based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy may have arisen by reason of the negligence of the Releasees.
7. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS each of the Releasees of and from any and all manners of action, proceedings, claims, costs, losses, damages, expenses, legal fees on a solicitor or own-client basis, or demands whatsoever that may be brought against the Releasees or any or all of them, or which they may sustain, pay or incur as a result of, arising out of, in connection with or in consequence to participation in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing the Prize, possessing the Prize or any activities incidental thereto, including as a result of the Entrant’s negligence or the negligence of the Releasees. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasees from any and all claims relating to the Contest by third parties.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
8. This Contest and the application or interpretation of the Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be governed by the applicable laws of Canada and of the Province of Alberta, and each Entrant irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta. 9. Privacy/Use of Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, the Entrant: (a) grants to BUSINESS NAME the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; (b) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (c) acknowledges that Fort Edmonton Park may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers in connection with any of the activities listed in (a) and (b) above.