Come experience winter life at Fort Edmonton Park (6- 10 Years)
- Four day day camp Tuesday, Jan.3 – Friday, Jan. 6 2017
- Test your voyageur skills with snowshoeing
- Warm up with a glass of hot apple cider and fresh baked bannock
- Learn what pioneer children did for fun long ago
- Bake treats over a wood-burning stove and make your own toy to take home with you
- Bring your snow gear for the snowman building contest on Friday
Day Camp FAQ
- What ages is day camp this for? 6-10 years of age
- It is four days long is there a schedule of activities for each day? The exact schedule will be made by the Day Camp leaders running the camp closer to the date.
- Is there a theme for each day? Tuesday and Wednesday 1846 Fur Trade, Thursday 1885 Pioneer Era, Friday 1905 Post-Railway Era
- Do they bring their lunch? Yes (there is no access to microwaves, and the food outlets will not be open)
- Can siblings attend together? Any age exceptions for siblings? Siblings can attend together as long as they are within the age range, each child must be a paid registrant.
Drop off/Pick Up
- Drop off & pick up is at the 1846 Fur Trade Fort Courtyard, your child must be signed in each morning by an approved adult.
- Program runs 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, with supervised unstructured free play for early drop off at 8:30 am and late pick-up runs from 4:00 pm “ 4:30pm
- Directions: when arriving at the Fort Edmonton Park parking lot, take the first right onto the Service Road, pass through the access gate and follow the directions on your map to find the 1846 Fur Trade Fort